About This Event
About the retreat leader
Jennifer Saint is the Sunday Times bestselling author of female-centred retellings of Greek mythology Ariadne (2021) and Elektra (2022) with Atalanta to come in Spring 2023. Ariadne was shortlisted for Waterstones Book of the Year in 2021 and was Waterstones Book of the Month in January 2022. It was also shortlisted for the Goldsboro Glass Bell Award and the Blogger’s Book Prize. Jennifer is a Visiting Research Fellow in the King’s College London Classics Department. She has a lifelong passion for Greek mythology and storytelling and brought the two together while working as an English teacher when she wrote her debut novel which became a word-of-mouth bestselling success. Jennifer is now a full-time author, continuing to write feminist reinterpretations of ancient myths and her novels have been translated around the world.
About the hotel
Life Gallery athens is designed with an eye for contemporary luxury. Situated in the northern suburbs of Athens in the sophisticated area of Ekali, it’s member of bluegr Hotels & Resorts. This luxury 5 star design hotel brilliantly combines natural splendour with modern style offering a unique haven of style and tranquility. The elegant modern architecture, the remarkable minimalist design, the ethnic design elements, glass surfaces, unique lighting systems and branded furniture emanate a sense of balance and harmony welcoming visitors to the pleasures of contemporary luxury.
- Arrival & Check-in at Gallery Art Hotel
- 7:30 p.m.: Welcome Community Dinner at Kool Life Restaurant
- 7:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.: Breakfast
- 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.: Morning session with Jennifer Saint
- Discussion of women in mythology and how to bring their stories into contemporary
- writing, including guidance on how to plan and structure a novel.
- 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.: Free Time
- 12:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.: Acropolis Private Guided Tour & Free time in Athens
- 12:00 p.m. Pick-up from Life Gallery Hotel to Acropolis (Meeting point: reception of Life Gallery)
- 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. Private Guided Tour
- 3:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. Free Time
- 4:30 p.m. Pick-up from Acropolis to Life Gallery Hotel
- 5:30 p.m. Arrival at Life Gallery Hotel
- 6:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.: Afternoon session with Jennifer Saint
- Ancient World Building, Description and Narrative Voice: exploration of memorable
- female characters in mythology and techniques to bring their voices to life.
- 8:00 p.m.: Community Dinner at Kool Life Restaurant
- 7:00 a.m. - 9:00 a.m.: Farewell breakfast
- 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.: Morning Session with Jennifer Saint and End of Retreat
- Q&A about setting and achieving goals, Jennifer's writing process, her novels, her journey to publication, editing, and querying agents.
- 11:00 a.m.: Check-out
All breakfast meals
All dinner meals
Acropolis Guided Tour
in Double Occ. room
in Single Occ. room
- 2-night accommodation
- All breakfast meals
- All dinner meals
- Acropolis Guided Tour
what’s not included
- Airtickets to/from Greece and Athens – We strongly advise you to book flexible airfare tickets
- Accommodation Tax / room/ night payble by the guests directly to the hotel
- Airport and Land Transfers
- Soft drinks, beverages
- Lunch meals
We strongly advise you to book flexible airfare tickets
Land Transfer: Available upon request
Cancellation Policy: Deposit amount is non-refundable | Should you wish to cancel your participation one month or less before the start of the retreat, 100% of cancellation fees are applied.
Important Info: In case there are Covid-19 restrictions or restrictions related to any other pandemic that prevent guests from traveling the total amount paid will be refunded.
Dietary Needs: Should you have any special dietary need/allergy, kindly let us know in advance in order to be able to better accommodate you in the best possible way.
Transport: For Jennifer’s retreat in Athens, you can fly into Athens International Airport (ATH).
From there, you can book a transfer to the hotel.